guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connection settings
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2019 14:18:11 GMT
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 02:49 Will Payne <will@mugwump.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to give people the ability to add and amend connection settings
> but don't want them to be able to add SSH keys or password details. I'm
> assuming there's no current way of doing this?

There are no per-parameter permissions, yes. You could write an extension
to deny access to these parameters through decorating the connection
directories of other extensions and stripping the parameters prior to
update:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/guacamole-ext/org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/AuthenticationProvider.html#decorate-org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.UserContext-org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.AuthenticatedUser-org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Credentials-

> As an alternative, is there any way to edit the connection-editing page
> to remove certain form inputs?

You would have to either make the cosmetic changes via JS/CSS in an
extension, or override the JSON defining the protocol parameters. You can
actually do the latter by placing the new JSON in GUACAMOLE_HOME/protocols/.

The default JSON is built into guacamole-ext and can be found here:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/tree/master/guacamole-ext/src/main/resources/org/apache/guacamole/protocols

- Mike