guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Video Performance Tuning
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:01:12 GMT
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 12:13 J majerus <majerus.one@gmail.com> wrote:

> From my machine I connect to Guacamole web ui, and launch my session. The
> session configured in Guacamole is connected to a windows server with RDP.
> From my Guacamole session I am starting the video. Video is always choppy
> and not smooth.

As long as the network between your browser and guac and between guac and
the RDP machine is decent (and the server is not underpowered), things
should be smooth. It will automatically detect the video and use more
appropriate compression.

For something like watching a youtube video inside the RDP session, I would
expect around 10 Mbps on the browser <-> guac side. Bandwidth needs between
the RDP machine and guac would likely be higher than that.

- Mike