guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Software Publication
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:00:20 GMT
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 3:50 PM sciUser <shulbert@securitycentric.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does Guacamole allow software to be published like Citrix xenapp?
> Say I have office 2019 on VM and want to have a user only access it with
> out
> doing Windows GPO's is this possible?

Guacamole supports the "RemoteApp" parameters for RDP, which allow you to
publish applications on a Windows Remote Desktop system and then create a
connection that runs that application without anything else (desktop,
window manager, etc.).  Windows Server provides the method for publishing
remote apps - the Enterprise versions of Windows 7/10 require that you get
a separate utility to configure the RemoteApp applications, but it's pretty
easily available.

So, if that's what you're looking for, Guacamole can support making those
connections.  However, XenApp (and VMware Horizon) go a step further and
make the application appear to be seamlessly running on the local desktop.
Guacamole will not do that out of the box, although it's probably not
terribly difficult to port the Guacamole Web App to NodeJS and accomplish
something similar.

-Nick