guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP head auth user setup
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:59:25 GMT
On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 8:54 AM Will Payne <will@mugwump.net> wrote:

> > There's no way within Guacamole, itself, to "simulate" user
> > permissions for a particular/unknown user.  With the header
> > authentication module, though, it should be pretty easy to set up a
> > simulation environment - you can set up the module, then configure
> > your reverse proxy with some simple authentication that lets you put
> > in any number of users and see what happens as you authenticate with
> > each of them.
>

> Thanks. That's a pain.

You're welcome to file a JIRA request for such a feature.  I've seen other
pieces of software (Owncloud/Nextcloud come to mind) that have the ability
to simulate a particular user, and I don't think it would be terribly
difficult to come up with something like that for Guacamole, it just needs
a feature request and then someone to work on it :-).

> We do have an LDAP directory of users (but not passwords so the auth
> needs handling elsewhere). Is it possible to use the LDAP user/group
> info in conjunction with HTTP header auth?

Well, maybe - it depends.  User groups are new in Guacamole 1.0.0, and
there will be some tweaks to them in 1.1.0 to correct a couple of bugs and
also address some confusion in the way it is implemented.  I suspect in
1.0.0 it will not work as you'd like it to.

Where are you storing connections?  I assume JDBC?

-Nick