guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't print in RDP sessions
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 15:38:39 GMT

> And a gs process is running continuously:
>>
>> PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
>> 24158 ?      S      0:06 gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER
>> -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=- -c .setpdfwrite -sstdout=/dev/null -f -
>>
>> But nothing happens...
>>
>> If I close the session then a file dialog to save appears, the resulting
>> file is very small (255 bytes) and of course corrupted but it has PDF
>> headers.
>>

> The issue you're running into is likely this one:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-506
>
> I don't know anything about how that Docker container you're using is set
> up, but I suspect it's using HTTP(S) and not WebSocket(/WSS).
>
> I am not using Docker so not sure how the default installation would have
> the same problem.

And the issue I linked is not specific to Docker.  I was talking about
Docker because that's what it sounded like you have, but, even if you're
not on Docker, I still suspect that there's an issue with HTTP(S) vs.
WS(S), and that you're not using WSS.  That's what GUACAMOLE-506 deals with
- Docker or no.

-Nick