guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Not Speedy <notspeed...@gmail.com>
Subject MariaDB or driver update might break guacamole
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:31:18 GMT
this is more of an fyi..I updated my system today and guacamole broke.  I
noticed this in my tomcat logs..
Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'CDT' is
unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure
either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration
property).....

To get around this, I set the global timezone to match the timezone on the
server.

 (confirm path of your OS timezone info)
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root MySQL

then connect to instance and
SET GLOBAL time_zone = America/Chicago;

I don't know if this is a bug with the db or driver. it could be an
intentional change. If its intentional, it might be handy to add a
connection string option to guacamole.properties to handle this.