guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nico Schottelius <nico.schottel...@ungleich.ch>
Subject Re: LDAP Questions
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 15:56:34 GMT

Hey Brion,

you usually have two different methods for LDAP authentication:

- binding with a specfic system user
- binding (login) with the user that wants to login

I am not fluent on how AD works, but in case of OpenLDAP, you will need
to grant the binding access to the user(s) that you want to be able to
bind (just being a user that can "login" to other apps is not enough).

HTH,

Nico

Fertig, Brian <brian.fertig@philips.com> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> I just setup ldap integration with Guac..  I try to login and it keeps telling me it
can't bind.  The configuration I am using is below.  This is against Active Directory.

> ldap-user-base-dn:       OU=Users,OU=code2,DC=code2,DC=philips,DC=com
> ldap-username-attribute: sAMAccountName
>
> I notice it's trying to bind with the DN of sAMAccountName=XX, OU=Users,OU=code2,DC=code2,DC=philips,DC=com
  From what I can tell reading up on how binding to ldap you need to use a DN of a user which
this isn't.  What am I doing wrong?

> Brian Fertig
> MATC Tools Solutions Design Architect
> Tools Program and Innovations
> Monitoring Analytics & Therapeutic Care
> Customer Service Operations

> The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under
applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction
of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

--
Your Swiss, Open Source and IPv6 Virtual Machine. Now on www.datacenterlight.ch.