guacamole-user mailing list archives

From GianlucaMassimiani <seansecr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Using Guacamole to replicate Amazon EC2
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 11:00:55 GMT
Joachim Lindenberg wrote
> Hi Gianluca,
> For my backup application I wrote a Guacamole extension that in essence
> reflects your steps 4+5. I have two directions of integration: the
> extension
> can enumerate all backups and show them in the Guacamole user interface,
> selecting one starts a virtual machine out of the backup and connects, or
> v.v. I have a button in my user interface that fires up the virtual
> machine,
> generates a token, and starts Guacamole user interface with the token,
> which
> then is used by the extension to use a one-time user and connect to the
> virtual machine.
> W.r.t. step 6 - in case your user interface or Guacamole is the only
> access
> path, it is fairly easy to integrate that with a Guacamole extension as
> well. In my backup application I am relying on other means as there are
> many
> access paths.
> Best Regards, Joachim
> --
> Sent from:

Hi Joachim, thanks a lot for your reply. That is exactly what I'd like to
do! Create a virtual machine on the server for a one-time user, and destroy
the virtual machine once the user closes the connection. However, I don't
have much experience in software development, thus some more clarification
would be really helpful for me. In particular, after the user opens the web
browser and selects a server, it is not clear to me how I could implement
these steps:
- the user can select the OS of the virtual machine, plus further software
to be installed on the vm
- the user launches the vm (as you said, this can just be a button to press)
and the vm gets created on the server
- the user is connected to the vm and now he/she can use it as a remote
desktop

Could you give some more advice on how to implement these steps (or maybe if
you know of any references that talk about these aspects)? Thanks again