guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Lawson <m3.lawson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TOTP + Android Tablet + Chrome = FAIL
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 00:06:44 GMT
Well, never mind.  The field authentication field started appearing.  I'd like to tell you
I changed a setting or something, but I didn't.  While I was testing how other browsers displayed
desktop, I tried Chrome again for comparison.  And ... it worked fine.

I don't know what happened.  Or why it works now.

~ML
On Feb 9, 2019, 5:06 PM -0500, Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org>, wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 4:57 PM eunosm3 <m3.lawson.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I successfully set up my Guacamole gateway with TOTP today.  However, I
> > > cannot use the Chrome browser on my Samsung / Android tablet because it did
> > > not show the QR code for enrollment, and does not show the field for the
> > > authentication code, either.
> >
> > What did it show?  How did it behave?  Did you get an error?
> >

> > > I don't know if anything can be done, because I do not know enough
> > > (anything) about creating a webpage and how a browser displays the elements.
> >
> > We might be able to help, but more detail will be needed.
> >

> > > In short, just a PSA in case anyone else encounters a blank page after
> > > moving the TOTP jar file in to the extensions directory.
> > >

> > Does the user you're logging in as have permissions to manage their own account
(e.g. change password)?  Does it work on other browsers or devices, but just not on Android/Chrome?
Does it work if you enroll on another device and then log in from the tablet?