guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Fabián Rodríguez <magic...@member.fsf.org>
Subject Re: Can't print in RDP sessions
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 20:52:13 GMT

Le 19-02-27 à 15 h 35, Nick Couchman a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM Fabián Rodríguez
> <magicfab@member.fsf.org <mailto:magicfab@member.fsf.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am using Guacamole 1.0.0 in Debian 9 with Tomcat 8, database
>     authentication with self-sgned SSL certificate.
>
>     After following the installation documentation
>     <https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html> I
>     documented my initial 0.9.14 installation steps here
>     <https://wiki.debian.org/Guacamole>. I then recently used this
>     script
>     <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/master/guac-upgrade.sh>
>     to update, while working around  a small bug
>     <https://github.com/MysticRyuujin/guac-install/issues/77>. VNC,
>     SSH and RDP remote sessions are used daily without problems.
>

> Just FYI, that script is not maintained by the project.

I know, it automates the native installation steps - I just mentioned it
for context.

>     I can't seem to get a prompt to save the PDF file generated when
>     printing in RDP sessions.
>
>     I initially had to symlink all files in /usr/local/lib/freerdp to
>     /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp, for example (see this bug
>     report <https://github.com/oznu/docker-guacamole/issues/3>):
>

> The Docker image you're using is also not the official Guacamole
> project Docker image, and not maintained by the project [...]

Sorry, I am not using Docker. I linked the wrong bug report, I meant to
reference this one:

https://jira.glyptodon.com/browse/GUAC-513

>  ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacdr-client.so
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/guacdr-client.so
>
>     After reboot guacdr started normally:
>
>     Feb 27 14:35:19 guacamole guacd[14998]: guacsnd connected.
>     Feb 27 14:35:19 guacamole guacd[14998]: guacdr connected.
>
>     When connected, a new printer "Guacamole PDF printer" (as I named
>     it) showed up. When I start printing there is no error, only a
>     message on my local browser notifications "Waiting for
>     guacamole.domain.lan...:" and nothing happens.
>
>     Ghostscript is installed, in /var/syslog I see:
>
>     Feb 27 14:44:51 guacamole guacd[23876]: Device 0 (Imprimante
>     Guacamole PDF) connected successfully
>     Feb 27 14:45:07 guacamole guacd[23876]: Print job created
>     Feb 27 14:45:07 guacamole guacd[23876]: Created PDF filter process
>     PID=24158
>     Feb 27 14:45:07 guacamole guacd[24158]: Running gs
>
>     And a gs process is running continuously:
>
>     PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
>     24158 ?      S      0:06 gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dSAFER
>     -dPARANOIDSAFER -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=- -c .setpdfwrite
>     -sstdout=/dev/null -f -
>
>     But nothing happens...
>
>     If I close the session then a file dialog to save appears, the
>     resulting file is very small (255 bytes) and of course corrupted
>     but it has PDF headers.
>

> The issue you're running into is likely this one:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-506
>
> I don't know anything about how that Docker container you're using is
> set up, but I suspect it's using HTTP(S) and not WebSocket(/WSS).

I am not using Docker so not sure how the default installation would
have the same problem.

F.

--
Fabián Rodríguez