guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Robert Dinse <nan...@eskimo.com>
Subject Guacamole VNC / Web Tunnel
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 23:09:53 GMT

      I've gotten guacamole to work with telnet, ssh, and rdp, but I have
not been able to get it to connect to vnc.  I have verified that I can connect
using xvnc4viewer on the same host guacamole is running on to the host I am
trying to connect to.

      You can see the catalina.out, I cleared the logs, restarted tomcat8,
made a connection attempt, then shut it down to try to keep as much
irrelevant material out of the logs as possible.

  https://www.eskimo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=495

      This is what my guacamole.properties looks like:

# Hostname and port of guacamole proxy
guacd-host:	localhost
guacd-port:	4822

# Authentication provider class
auth-provider:
net.sourceforge.guacamole.net.basic.BasicFileAuthenticationProvider

# SSL
guacd-ssl: true

# Properties used by BasicFileAuthenticationProvider
basic-user-mapping: /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml

      This is my guacd.conf

#
# guacd configuration file
#

[daemon]

pid_file = /var/run/guacd.pid
log_level = info

[server]

bind_host = localhost
bind_port = 4822

#
# The following parameters are valid only if
# guacd was built with SSL support.
#

[ssl]

server_certificate = /misc/ssl/eskimo.com/certs/STAR_eskimo_com.pem
server_key = /misc/ssl/eskimo.com/key/eskimo.key

      And this is my user-mapping.xml

<user-mapping>
 	    <!-- Per-user authentication and config information -->
     <authorize username="public" password="public">
         <protocol>vnc</protocol>
         <param name="hostname">centos6.eskimo.com</param>
 	<param name="port">5900</param>
     </authorize>
</user-mapping>

      Don't worry, the vnc host uses xdmcp and so what comes up if you connect
to it is an xdmcp greeter / login screen.

      The centos6 host is running tigervnc which is one of the vnc's
recommended.

    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.