guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Robert Dinse <nan...@eskimo.com>
Subject Re: set tomcat user?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:28:21 GMT

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019, Nick Couchman wrote:

> A couple of notes for you:
> - You can install Tomcat from the distribution without having to compile it
> from source.  The website has binaries available.

      Please go back and read my message, I stated the reason for not using
the binaries.  It has to do with version specific libraries.

> - The way to change the user running Tomcat is simple to change the user
> you run the startup.sh script as.  So, if you want to run it as tomcat8,
> run "sudo -u tomcat8 /path/to/tomcat/bin/startup.sh".  You may have to
> change permissions on the path where you installed Tomcat to the tomcat8
> user.

      There is a way to change the user in tomcat internally and a reason
for using it.  This gives it the ability to bind to ports below 1024 and then
change UID, this is why I need this configuration option rather than an su
hack.