guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom User Attributes
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 21:49:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 3:20 AM Dennis <dennish436@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your fast reply.
> That way I can only attach this attribute temporarily to the user object,
> right?(maybe i misunderstood the concept of decorate)
> It should be possible to edit this attribute(stored in the DB) via the
> guacamole backend(edit user, new user)

Yes, you can do this - you can create new Form objects within the module
that have the attributes you wish to attach to the users.  It's reasonably
straight-forward.

> My solution atm:
> I've customized the jdbc-mysql extension to add this attribute to the
> backend. (and it seems to work perfectly)
> I think there is no easy to achieve this at the moment.

This is essentially what you're doing with decoration, but without touching
the source code of the original module.  It definitely takes a little
getting used to, but it is pretty easy once you get it down.

-Nick