guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connect user to runtime created instances.
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2019 14:37:08 GMT
On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 6:54 AM Mr X0rcist <mr.x0rcist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to achieve the following:
>
> When a user authenticates to the Guacamole I need to spin up new docker
> image running VNC and connect user to it.
>
> Note, all users are accessing same application hence one docker image .
> However, no image is running before user logs on.
>
> 1)What I am trying to figure it out is how to run trigger starting new
> docker image as soon as user successfully authenticated by Guacamole's
> local database.
> 2)and connect authenticated user to that newly created instance (don't
> want it to connect it to other users's instance)
>
> Last, docker instance will be killed/removed once user logs off
>
> Would appreciate if one can give me some hints being n00b to it.

There's not a currently implemented method for this, but off the bat I
would say that implementing an Event Listener extension is probably the
best way to go.  These allow you to act on and even intercept the following
events:
- User Logon
- User Logoff
- Tunnel Connect
- Tunnel Close

Based on your use case, you might actually need to implement an extension
that does both event listening/handling, and authentication - you'll
probably need to do something like this:
- Catch User Logon event
- Determine parameters for the connection (port, IP, etc.)
- Start Docker instance with the determined parameters
- Determine that the instance is running/ready
- Create/start a connection to the instance

All of this should be doable, but, again, it is not currently implemented,
so it will take some Java programming to get it done.  You can find
documentation on the Event Listeners, including an example implementation,
here:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/event-listeners.html

-Nick