guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there a way to get rid of "on Guacamole RDP" from drive-name?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 01:55:00 GMT
On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM sciUser <shulbert@securitycentric.net>
wrote:

> Say we don't want to write our own extension and want to alter the code
> directly.
> What file would we need to edit to rename G on Guacamole?
> <
> http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t768/GonGuac.png>

As you mentioned in a previous thread that you're using version 0.9.14,
you'd need to go into the guacd source code and change the RDPDR header
file that controls this:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/blob/0.9.14/src/protocols/rdp/guac_rdpdr/rdpdr_messages.h

You can find the #define lines in that file that control those names.
You'll have to change them and recompile guacd.

However, it gets a bit more complicated than that, for a couple of
reasons.  First, we determined that, even though Microsoft claims that the
name of the volume needs to be a UTF16-encoded value, this is only true for
printer redirection, and it really should be a UTF8-encoded value, so the
"G on Guacamole RDP" has actually been a small bug for a couple of
versions.  It was corrected in the 1.0.0 release, at which time we also
made the redirection use the client name for the "Guacamole RDP" portion of
that.

So, you're welcome to fiddle with the guacd source code, if you like, but
I'd really suggest that you 1) update to 1.0.0, and 2) just configure
connection parameters for client-name and drive-name, at which point the
name of that drive with be <drive-name> on <client-name>.  There's no need
to write custom code or a customer extension to make that part work - you
just set up those connection parameters in whatever authentication module
you're using (File, JDBC, etc.).

-Nick