guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom User Attributes
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:33:55 GMT
On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 9:11 AM Dennis <dennish436@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> is there an easy way to add additional user attributes to guacamole, which
> can be edited or set if I create a new user?(Need an additional attribute
> for my custom authentication extension)

You'll want to "decorate" the user object in your extension.  You can use
the TOTP module as a good example of putting attributes on an existing user
account, as this is how the TOTP module stores the second factor
information related to the users.  Take a look at that and see if it makes
sense, and feel free to post back in any questions, here.  It's taken me a
little getting used to to wrap my mind around the decoration, but once you
get familiar with the concept it should be pretty straightforward to
implement.

-Nick