guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Difference between Connection and ActiveConnection (RDP)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 16:46:17 GMT
On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 4:49 AM murat <grupsiteonur@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder what is the difference between Connection and ActiveConnection?

A Connection defines the parameters and attributes needed to establish a
connection to a remote host.

> Because, when creating a sharing link, an active connection is needed. But
> in the basic authentication examples, i see no active connection after
> establish a RDP connection.

Active connection tracking is only implemented in the JDBC module, the
basic extension (and LDAP, etc.) do not track active connections, and will
not support connection sharing at this point in time.

-Nick