guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole Authentication
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:32:46 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 5:16 AM Robert Dinse <nanook@eskimo.com> wrote:

>       Is it possible to configure quacamole not to require authentication
> with
> the VNC server at the receiving end doing it?

Guacamole Client currently does not allow anonymous access, so this isn't
possible out of the box, so to speak.  I can think of a couple of ways you
could do this with the existing authentication modules that would make this
relatively seamless:
- If you have a CAS or OpenID provider, you can do SSO such that users who
may already be logged into another service would be able to authenticate
transparently.
- You could use the header module along with some httpd or nginx
authentication configuration to transparently authenticate through the web
server.

Alternatively a custom authentication provider could be implemented that
would authenticate users against some set of criteria that would make this
more seamless/transparent.

-Nick