guacamole-user mailing list archives

From drhy <dyo...@huntergroup.co.nz>
Subject Re: Guacamole 1.0.0 with Radius and MySQL: Step-by-step for Linux newbies
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2019 08:20:08 GMT
Two attempts about a fortnight apart. In the first attempt I just assumed
that Groups would work - I had all Users and all Connection belonging to
just one Group. It appeared to be the easiest to administer. But all I saw
after Radius authentication of a user was an empty Connection list - it
didn't occur to me that there could be a bug. Because I had been doing so
much trial and error I thought I was likely to have mucked up my CentOS
environment. Then over the fortnight I saw one or two posting about issues
with Groups, (may have all been 1.0.0-release), but they made me wonder.

The 2nd attempt allowed me the opportunity to do clean builds and to
document *every* step and minimize re-tries. Finally I tried again all Users
and all Connections belonging to one Group. Same result as before. I then
assigned all Connections to each User directly. Success.

I did not exhaustively test combinations of Groups with direct attachments
of Connections to Users. And the problem may be specific to either of both
of the Radius Authentication and/or MySQL. For example I didn't test with
PostgreSQL.