guacamole-user mailing list archives

From DMoscovi...@simard.ca
Subject Guac location libraries for freerdp / guacsnd
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:43:04 GMT
Hi All, and Guac Team
I have a question about the libraries for guac. By default on a Ubuntu
16.04 updated from 14.04 system  running guacamole the lib files seem to
have gone to

/usr/local/lib/freerdp

ie I see,

guacai-client.la*
guacai-client.so*
guacai.la*
guacai.so*
guacdr-client.la*
 guacdr-client.so*
guacdr.la*
guacdr.so*
guacsnd-client.la*
guacsnd-client.so*
guacsnd.la*
guacsnd.so*
guacsvc-client.la*
guacsvc-client.so*
guacsvc.la*
guacsvc.so*

but i dont think they are getting used as , for example, the sound will
not function if I do not do a
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacsnd.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guacdr.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/
Oddly enough (on 14.04 i only needed to do the guacsnd and NOT the guacdr
but after updated to 16.04 i seem to need both)

Is it recommended to just link them all to
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/  , as it seems is needed on this
system,
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/freerdp/guac*.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/freerdp/

or is there a better way this should be done? I seem to see this path
topic come up quite a lot but people seem to just link what they need. All
does seem to work even with no linking for those.
Is there a list somewhere of what each of the .so files are responsible
for and or if needed? I personally prefer not to have the Driver
redirection option available.
Also , is there a recommended way to do the guac installation process do
resolve this at the start, via the ./configure or make options?

is, I've finally updated a test system to 1.0.0 and the TOTP
authentication is really nice. Great job. Feel free to expand it's options
(ie reset a user without getting into direct database access ;)

Thanks
danielm