guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.com>
Subject Re: Show custom message on Guacamole application
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:48:15 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 9:44 AM tucky kong <tucky.kong@gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to override a file in a docker container, you have to bind mount
> <https://docs.docker.com/storage/bind-mounts/> this file when you run the
> container:
>
> *docker* run --name *some-guacamole*    \
>     *-v /local/path/en.js:/path/in/container/to/en.js   \*

I would advise against editing the exploded contents of guacamole.war,
including through this method. If you wish to make changes to part of
Guacamole, the two mechanisms for doing so are:

* Extensions
* Modifying the source and rebuilding

with the extension subsystem providing the advantage that your changes can
be made to be automatically applied when your system is upgraded from one
guac release to another, without you having to manually rebase/merge your
changes to the upstream source.

- Mike