guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@glyptodon.com>
Subject Re: Show custom message on Guacamole application
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:45:37 GMT
On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 4:18 AM Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org> wrote:

> Another option, that I believe would work, would be to create your own
> branding extension and provide a "en.json" file that overrides the
> translation strings for the items you wish to customize.  The following web
> page provides information on extensions, in general:
>
> http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html
>
> On that page you'll find an example of a guac-manifest.json file for
> branding - essentially, within the guac-manifest.json file, you should be
> able to specify a section like this:
>
>     "translations" : [
>         "translations/en.json"
>     ]
>

> And, then, in the translations/en.json, you can override the translation
> strings you wish to change.  The strings you wish to override will need to
> follow the same JSON structure as the original ones.
>
> I'm reasonably certain that will work - I haven't actually tried it, but I
> know that's the way that you override the Application Name, login screen,
> etc., so it should work for messages like "Connection to guacamole...", etc.

Yep, it definitely will. The ability to override translation strings this
way is part of how the theming/branding functionality works.

It's also why the "available-languages" property exists, as downstream
users that override strings for the sake of theming/branding might not do
so for every language supported by Guacamole:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

- Mike