guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ldap groups in 1.0.0 RC1
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2019 21:46:45 GMT
On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:29 PM Philip Herbert <mail@pherbert.de> wrote:

> for some reason I do not understand, I can not enable debug logging.
>
> I have added the logback.xml to /etc/gucamamole (where
> guacamole.properties is located)
>

> startup in catalina.out show

> "/usr/share/tomcat7/.guacamole/logback.xml
>

> (this file i seither copied or contains the same information, however I
> only get info level logging.
>

> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> (see appended startup messages)

I would double-check that those files are indeed the same, or migrate
entirely to just one of either "/usr/share/tomcat7/.guacamole/" or
"/etc/guacamole/". Using two of the possible directories for GUACAMOLE_HOME
will only cause confusion. If both exist, Guacamole will only read from one
of those locations. In this case, the ".guacamole" one will take effect and
"/etc/guacamole" will be ignored:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#overriding-guacamole-home

Once you've reduced things down to one GUACAMOLE_HOME and you're still not
seeing what you expect with your logback.xml, post it here and we can look.
It may just need fresh pair of eyes.

> Regarding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-696
>

> group based-dn is set tot he root oft the directory, I this is should
> cause matching groups …?

Yes, assuming your LDAP directory allows queries against the root. It's my
understanding that some, like Active Directory, will not always allow this.

Once you have debug-level logging successfully enabled, all LDAP queries
will be logged, and it will be clearer what's happening.

- Mike