guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole performance improvement
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:37:16 GMT
On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM Shilpa Bhandari <
shilpa.bhandari@fonantrix.com> wrote:

> Yes. I want to know if there is any way to reduce that time between login
> to remote desktop connection.

There's very little that Guacamole needs to do when establishing a
connection. If the remote desktop responds quickly, and there are no
network issues which would substantially slow things down (unlikely if the
connection itself performs well after being established), then the
connection should establish quickly as well. I suspect that the remote
desktop server(s) involved are simply taking that long for their own
reasons, independently of Guacamole.

If you'd like to compare a known-good production deployment of Apache
Guacamole vs. what you're seeing, the company I work for hosts a public
demo server which might be helpful here as a baseline:
https://demo.glyptodon.com/

Do you have SFTP enabled on the RDP connection? That could easily slow down
the initial connection in cases where the SSH server is configured to
perform reverse DNS lookups, etc.

- Mike