guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to test a connection before trying to establish connection?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2019 01:16:46 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 7:58 PM sciUser <shulbert@securitycentric.net>
wrote:

> You will need to do this as a third party program.
> We handle this by adding a table to the guacamole database called
> session_avail looking for yes or no.
> Then we have a json api look for this answer.

You can do it this way, but you don't need to.  In version 1.0.0 we
introduced decoration and the ability for the JDBC module to store
arbitrary attributes, as requested by other modules.  The TOTP module
currently uses this to store the TOTP seed in a database field associated
with each user.  You can write an extension that leverages similar
functionality for connections, connection groups, or user groups, without
having to manually edit the database.  Extensions can also implement their
own REST APIs, and version 1.0.0 of Guacamole introduces the ability to
handle exceptions in those extensions the same way the main REST API
handles it (with JSON message passing, essentially), so all of this can be
relatively easily implemented using much of the framework already provided
by Guacamole.

-Nick