guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slow and randomly disconnected session when transfer large file to RDP session
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:05:02 GMT
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 8:55 AM Chee-Yang Chau <cychau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I enable shared drive for a rdp connection.  I can drag and drop a file
> from my desktop to the guacamole session and it works very well.
>
> Next, I try to transfer a larger file: about 500MB. I notice the transfer
> speed is very slow.  The speed is about 10MB / second.  The testing is in a
> a gigabit LAN network.
>
> Next issue is I can barely success transferring the file of size 500MB.
> The transfer will fail randomly and RDP session will be disconnected
> without any reason.
>
> Is there any setting I miss?

I would check the resources of the various systems - the system you're
using the web browser on, the system Guacamole Client is running on, the
system guacd is running on, and the RDP server.  Look at CPU utilization,
memory usage, and network utilization and latency on all of these systems -
I suspect that you're exhausting resources somewhere along the way.

-Nick