guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there a way to get the list of guacamole users thru API?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2019 14:02:06 GMT
On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:49 AM ochamber <olivier.chamberaud@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what would be the best way to get the list of guacamole users
> from an external system? Is there any existing authenticated API? (The idea
> is to have something similar with what is available for gitlab :
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/)

Yes, just about everything that is part of the Guacamole Client operates
via an API.  My best suggestion for seeing these calls would be to use the
Developer Console in a web browser (e.g. Chrome Developer Console) to view
the network calls while going through the web interface and you'll be able
to pick out the API calls and see the various responses.  For retrieving
the current users, you should see calls to the following endpoint:

http://hostname:8080/guacamole/api/session/data/<DATASOURCE>/users?token=<LOGIN
TOKEN>

Where <DATASOURCE> is the name of the location where the users are stored
(e.g. postgresql, ldap, etc.) and <LOGIN TOKEN> is the login token you
received from logging into the Guacamole interface.  I also wrote some
sample Python code that leverages the API - you can take a look at that and
see an example of programmatically logging into the interface and getting a
token, and then gathering data from various endpoints.  I don't think I did
anything with users, but it should be pretty easy to see how it works.

-Nick