guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nico Schottelius <nico.schottel...@ungleich.ch>
Subject Re: Session management for an enterprise / automaticly creating VNC sessions
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:44:23 GMT

Hey Nick,

Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org> writes:

> There are other solutions out there to handle automatic creation of VNC
> sessions.  The most common one, that has been around for the longest amount
> of time, is using inetd/xinetd to launch the sessions.  An example of this
> is documented, here:
>
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-multiuserloginsvnc/index.html

Wow, that looks pretty cool!

Assuming that we can create a session entry per user
(semi-)automatically in the guacamole DB, does it automatically mean
that guacamole will create a new tcp session?

If yes, then this could be a way to go for the moment. The user will
then probably have to double (triple even in our setup) login, but this
might be acceptable, if it solves the session creation problem easily.

Best regards from sunny Zurich,

Nico

--
Your Swiss, Open Source and IPv6 Virtual Machine. Now on www.datacenterlight.ch.