guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Zer0Cool <melin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session Remote Host Address Showing Loopback
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 20:06:26 GMT
Ok well I thought I had it worked out.

I already have "proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For
$proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;" in my Nginx config.

I added:

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve"
               internalProxies="127.0.0.1"
               remoteIpHeader="x-forwarded-for"
               remoteIpProxiesHeader="x-forwarded-by"
               protocolHeader="x-forwarded-proto" />

to the server.xml file towards the end within the <Host> tag as specified in
the documentation.

Restarted guacd, tomcat, nginx and mariadb and its still logging the IP of
the server instead of remote host IP's. Havent had a chance to reboot yet.

The only thing I can think of is the formatting/syntax of the
internalProxies= IP address. Some of the documentation like:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/valves/RemoteIpValve.html
show all examples as:

internalProxies="192\.168\.0\.10|192\.168\.0\.11"

So I am wondering if I need to use the server IP, IE:
internalProxies="192.168.0.10" and/or the slash syntax like
internalProxies="192\.168\.0\.10"?

If need be I can post my Nginx conf and my tomcat server.xml, have not done
so yet as I wanted to make sure I didnt just miss something simple, which it
looked like I did but it seems now there could be more to my issue.

Thanks