guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Howard Lander <how...@renci.org>
Subject Complete Newbie Question!
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 18:17:37 GMT
Hi all

Sorry to ask such an elementary question.  We have users on Ubuntu EC2
instances for whom we would like to provide access to some web based
functionality. We would like them to be able to RDP (essentially) to the EC2
instance and run a browser.  Here's where I get confused: these instances
don't have anything like KDE or Gnome installed. Do I have to install one of
those in order for the RDP functionality to work?  I did look at the user
docs, but I'm pretty sure I am missing something basic.  Can anyone please
either point me to the most basic documentation or help me understand what I
am missing?

Thanks much
Howard