guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Lindenberg" <joac...@lindenberg.one>
Subject WG: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 1.0.0
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:11:18 GMT
Hi Nick,

thanks. I am attaching my source code. You´ll likely notice, Java is not my favorite programming
language, but anyway. Testing the code could be more challenging. My software is available
from https://software.lindenberg.one/backup, and the integration is documented at https://software.lindenberg.one/backup/en/documentation/guacamole-integration
(replacing 0.9.14 by 1.0.0)... I actually also have some unit test classes but removed them
do to passwords etc.

The goal of the extension is that my customers can fire up a virtual machine out of their
backups of windows systems. E.g. in case their laptop is lost, they can access the most recent
version from another system (keyboard and screen resolution makes sense though). There are
multiple ways to start – via guacamole entry point, via my web  ui, and via the windows
ui.

This error points you exactly where you need to look - there's a NullPointerException occuring
in the ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket.java file, in the init() method, on line 128, which is called
by the SimpleConnection connection() method, on line 124, etc.  You need to trace back why
something null is being passed there (presumably from your custom extension) and correct that
issue.

Sure, but why is not my overridden method called? I want to do some magic (starting virtual
machines) behind the scenes. This actually took most of the time to figure out what call sequence
on which objects is done and where I can intercept – and then I didn´t really spend time
to clean the code up once I got it to work – and also I see that would probably have been
waste as now the inner logic changes.

There are *many* things that have changed between 0.9.14 and 1.0.0, and pretty much of all
of those changes are intentional :-).

Sure, but what I kind of miss is a docuemtation what changed for extension coders and how
to adopt to the changes. Or did I miss that?

Thanks & Best Regards, Joachim