guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole & OpenID
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2018 08:04:16 GMT
On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM B3r3n <B3r3n@argosnet.com> wrote:

> >> I am puzzled with the fact Guacamole claims the
> >> user-mapping.xml file, as well as the fact it
> >> bound the fileauth provider. To me that is useless since openid is
> here…
> >>

> > The "user-mapping.xml" authentication mechanism is built into Guacamole.
> It
> is always loaded but is loaded last. If any extensions are present at all,
> they will take priority, with "user-mapping.xml" finally getting a crack at
> authentication after all other extensions have had a chance. If you do not
> have a "user-mapping.xml" file at all, then this will have no effect.
> Ok, IMHO this remains puzzling. When you dont use something, why
> complaining
> you cant get it. If there is no use of fileauthprovider & user-mapping
> because
> other modules will do the job, complaining puzzles... Just my opinion...

The message that "user-mapping.xml" does not exist and thus will not be
read is logged at the debug level. You can expect that and many other
potentially-confusing status messages, stack traces, etc. to be logged at
the debug level. They are there to establish context and inform you (or
developers) of what is happening internally. You can expect debug-level
messages to be low-level and to contain information that may only be useful
to those already familiar with the internals of Guacamole.

- Mike