guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guac Access Over HTTPS w/ NGINX Reverse Proxy
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 15:22:59 GMT
On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 10:18 AM Matthew Lawson <m3.lawson.ml@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In answer to your first question, I can reach the https nginx site
> internally - in fact, the http site redirects to the https site.  I've not
> tried to reach it from outside my home network, though.  I'll try after
> work today.
>
> With respect to your second question, I'm sure I've tried setting it up w/
> the ssl_ portion in the in the server { } section b/c I've tried multiple
> variations.  I can try again, though.  If it works, it would raise the
> question of why https works internally, but not externally.

Yeah, you're right - does not explain why it would work internally but not
externally.  I would be interested to know if you are able to access the
base page of the Nginx server and if it's just the proxy to Guacamole that
causes issues.

Also, have you tried disabling the gzip compression to see if that makes a
difference?

-Nick