guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mute Audio on Remote Server
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2018 23:07:02 GMT
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 22:04 eunosm3 <m3.lawson.ml@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I mute the audio at the remote server without muting the audio feed
> my local device?  The audio from my remote server makes it to my local
> device fine when I use VNC + PulseAudio, but it also plays on the remote
> server.

This is probably a PulseAudio configuration issue and not something
specific to guacd.  It sounds like somehow the PulseAudio configuration is
sending audio both to the sound card in the computer and to the remote IP
interface.  I don't know if this is the default way that PulseAudio
behaves, but I would guess it just needs to be adjusted in one of the
config files.

-Nick