guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: guacamole 1.0.0 and radius extension
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2018 20:54:23 GMT
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 12:47 PM Not Speedy <notspeedy01@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm struggling with getting this to work.  It appears I'm able to build
> from source just fine, but then I get the following error and then appears
> the extension crashes.  Any suggestions? thanks

When you say building from source, can you specify what source you're
using?  Presumably the git repo, but are you using the master branch or
staging/1.0.0?

> Nov 30 10:35:51 guac server: SLF4J: The requested version 1.5.8 by your
> slf4j binding is not compatible with [1.6, 1.7]
> Nov 30 10:35:51 guac server: SLF4J: See
> http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#version_mismatch for further details.

This error usually occurs when multiple, incompatible versions of SLF4J are
loaded.  If you have something other than Guacamole running in your Tomcat
container, then you may need to check and see if whatever else you're
running is providing this and perhaps colliding with Guacamole's ability to
use this.  If Guacamole is the only thing that you're using, then you need
to check and make sure that you're using matching versions of all of the
Guacamole components - make sure that the base Guacamole WAR file as well
as the RADIUS extension (and any others you might be using) are the exact
same version, built from the exact same revision of code.

It's particularly worth noting that the "staging/1.0.0" repository is a
moving target at this point - we're finalizing the 1.0.0 release details,
but there are still commits being made to this branch, so you might be
building different versions if you re-pull and re-build and don't update
all of the JARs and the WAR at the same time.

-Nick