guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole as VNC for Nutanix Cluster
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2018 20:46:54 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Hammad Siddiqi <hsiddiqi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this user list so i am not sure if i am repeating any previous
> questions.
>
> Would you please let me know if it is possible to use Guacamole as VNC
> client for Nutanix Cluster ...

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. You can use Guacamole to
access any VNC server that is reachable over the network from the Guacamole
server. I've not personally heard of "Nutanix Cluster", but it doesn't
matter what hosts the VNC server(s) so long as they speak VNC and are
reachable.

You would add connections within Guacamole pointing to the various nodes on
your network that serve VNC. Users outside your network with accounts
within Guacamole would then be able to access those nodes through Guacamole
if you grant them permission. If "Nutanix Cluster" provides some sort of
API for retrieving node information, you could alternatively write a
Guacamole extension to expose access to these nodes automatically.

Ideally, you would then also isolate your network such that only Guacamole
is publicly accessible, effectively functioning as a security layer between
the public internet and your VNC servers.

- Mike