guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple guacamole sessions
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 17:43:15 GMT
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 08:35 Julien Gormotte <jgormotte@ate.info wrote:

> Le Tue, 27 Nov 2018 10:22:45 +0100,
> Julien Gormotte <jgormotte@ate.info> a écrit ...
> Hello,
>
> I can confirm the disconnect is caused by the "full" guacamole client.
> If I make a very simple js to open the wss tunnel, I can open as many
> clients I want.

No, there is no such limit imposed by Guacamole. If you are seeing this
effect, there must be some other factor causing it.

The ability to open multiple connections at the same time and within the
same browser is intended and supported. The only known limitation on this
is if the HTTP tunnel is being used, as browsers impose per-domain limits
on concurrent HTTP connections.

Any idea what if what I want is even possible ?

It definitely is.

I recommend checking the Tomcat logs to verify that something on the
network (a proxy perhaps?) is not causing WebSocket to fail and force
Guacamole to fall back to HTTP.

If you are connecting to machines via RDP, you will also need to contend
with RDP's limitations on session use. Windows will automatically kick an
older session if the new session is for the same user.

- Mike