guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: howto give privilege to a user to see history and active connection
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 16:09:46 GMT
The extension API does not define specific permissions governing visibility
of user history, leaving it entirely up to the extension implementation to
determine whether history is tracked and who can see it.

The Guacamole web interface assumes the history will only be visible to
users with admin privileges, however the database auth will return history
entries for all users. Whether an entry is visible to a non-admin depends
on whether that user has READ permission on both the associated connection
and user.

If you want to provide some new permission type which encompasses read-only
access to the entire system, I don't want to dismiss the idea out of hand,
but I'd like to see some generally applicable justification and the use
case behind it.

- Mike