guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole Connection Sharing: URL generation
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2018 04:26:19 GMT
The share keys are generated by the extension sharing the connection
(presumably the database auth). They are actually more abstract than a
simple key and are arbitrary credentials, though it is true that the
database auth generates a random key to be provided via a specific query
parameter. In the general case, an extension can do just about anything
with its requirements for accessing a shared connection.

Sharing credentials for an active connection are generated with a REST
request. I would recommend connecting to and sharing a connection while the
network tab of dev tools is open so you can see the overall exchange. There
will be a request which contains JSON describing the sharing credentials to
be provided to access the shared connection.

- Mike