guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple guacamole sessions
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:41:25 GMT
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:06 AM Julien Gormotte <jgormotte@ate.info> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using guacamole in a custom web app, and uses plugin-JWT to create
> sessions.
>
> Eveything works, except that I cannot open more than one session in a
> browser, if I connect a second one, the first gets disconnected.
> I suppose this is due to something in the guacamole interface that
> disconnects other sessions ?
>
> With a second browser on the same machine, bot connections work.
> It seems there are no limits except that "only one session per browser".
>
> Am I right ? Is there a way to prevent that ?

This is not a limitation of the Guacamole protocol, guacd, or the Guacamole
Common (guacamole-common) code.  If you download and install the Guacamole
Client code, you'll see that it is able to handle multiple sessions in a
single browser (multiple tabs or multiple windows) with no problem at all,
so my guess is that there is something about how you've implemented the
code that is causing the problem.  If you could share the code you're
working on, someone might be able to help you out - I'm not sure I'm
familiar enough with the low-level protocol, API, and/or common code that I
could help, but others on the list should be able to.

-Nick