guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: multiple guacamole to one guacd?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 22:05:03 GMT
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 1:08 PM Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> right now I am running two complete installations of guacamole on two
> different servers. I am considering to consolidate them onto one, with two
> guacamole webapps but one guacd. Is this a supported configuration or do I
> have to run one guacd per guacamole webapp?
>
> Thanks, Joachim

Pointing two webapps at a single guacd should work perfectly fine.  Running
two different webapps on the same server might be a bit more challenging -
it doesn't really work to deploy two different copies of the same WAR into
the same Tomcat instance, so you'll have to do something to isolate these -
either run two different instances of Tomcat (on different ports, and then
use something like Nginx or httpd to proxy them to different URLs), or run
the webapps in Docker and run a couple of different Docker containers.

-Nick