guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Zer0Cool <melin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with ldap-user-search-filter and LDAP Query
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 14:34:04 GMT
Thanks, got it sorted out for the most part. Went with this for now:

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(userAccountControl=512))

Limits it to just people and active accounts with passwords that can expire.
Works out as our "service" accounts dont have expiration's on the passwords
and this pulls in all the real people whos accounts havent been disabled
while skipping things like machines/servers.

For me it also means not having to manage users/groups to ensure new users
get placed in a group for the Guacamole "filter". Instead any new user
should be pulled in by this automatically.

I found ADExplorer to be a very helpful tool for testing queries prior to
trying them in Guacamole.