guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Zer0Cool <melin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with ldap-user-search-filter and LDAP Query
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 19:38:25 GMT
Hello and Thanks for the input.

I think you are right, a group would be the best approach.

I am currently testing using:

ldap-user-search-filter: "(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=CN=Domain
Admins,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=COM))"

In dsquery on a Windows 7 client machine the above (without ldap-searc...:
and without double quotes) returns the expected results (couple dozen
users). However when I set this in the guacamole.properties file I cannot
login using LDAP credentials.

I get an error looking at: tail -f /var/log/messages

Cannot bind with LDAP server: Error while query user DNs

I have restarted guacd, tomcat, nginx and mariadb services just to be sure.
If I comment out the ldap-user-search-filter parameter and restart guacd, I
can login with my AD account.

Really scratching my head here. I've been tinkering with small changes
(person instead of user, no double quotes, etc. and have made no progress.

There has to be a way to pull in a subset of AD/LDAP right? I dont see a
reason to pull in things like machines on AD into the Guacamole as "users".

Thanks