guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "Joachim Lindenberg" <joac...@lindenberg.one>
Subject RE: multiple guacamole to one guacd?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 07:28:32 GMT
Hi Nick,

thanks. I am aware of the multiple webapp challenge and I was planning to run all services
with docker anyway, but something like 1 nginx, 2 guacamole, 1 guacd..

Thanks & Best Regards, Joachim

From: Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org>
Sent: Mittwoch, 28. November 2018 23:05
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: multiple guacamole to one guacd?

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 1:08 PM Joachim Lindenberg <joachim@lindenberg.one <mailto:joachim@lindenberg.one>
> wrote:

Hello,

right now I am running two complete installations of guacamole on two different servers. I
am considering to consolidate them onto one, with two guacamole webapps but one guacd. Is
this a supported configuration or do I have to run one guacd per guacamole webapp?

Thanks, Joachim

Pointing two webapps at a single guacd should work perfectly fine.  Running two different
webapps on the same server might be a bit more challenging - it doesn't really work to deploy
two different copies of the same WAR into the same Tomcat instance, so you'll have to do something
to isolate these - either run two different instances of Tomcat (on different ports, and then
use something like Nginx or httpd to proxy them to different URLs), or run the webapps in
Docker and run a couple of different Docker containers.

-Nick