You guys are way too polite.

>very sorry to hear that it have been considered, and found unwanted

This is a remote desktop gateway. How does that even remotely fall into the scope of a HTTP proxy.

> It seems a bit odd to me to limit the usefulness of a tool due to some arbitrary scope

The goals of the project are now arbitrary in your mind are they? Thank you so much for opening our eyes. It must be amazing for a person of your foresight and wisdom to redefine the goals of a project at your whim. Please understand that those who have gone before you may not agree.

> would think adding a guacd client plugin that functioned as a tunnel would be more sane

Go right ahead, make it so. Develop away. But seeing as this is a remote desktop gateway solution don't expect it to perform well as its not optimised for HTTP proxy duties.

thanks for your time
Kevin Davies