guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Der PCFreak <mailingli...@pcfreak.de>
Subject Re: LDAP authentication problem
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2018 13:15:14 GMT
On 10/1/2018 3:01 PM, Galyrith wrote:
> Here is my guacamole.properties file:
> # LDAP Properties
> ldap-hostname: pin.isim.intra
> ldap-port: 389
> ldap-user-base-dn: OU=Comptes,DC=isim,DC=intra
> ldap-search-bind-dn: CN=Bind,OU=Comptes,DC=isim,DC=intra
> ldap-search-bind-password: xxxxxxx
> ldap-username-attribute: sAMAccountName
> ldap-max-search-results: 10000
>
> In
> ldap-user-base-dn: OU=Comptes,DC=isim,DC=intra
> i have all users of the LDAP directory.
>
> i would like to make my ldap request further in my tree:
> Ideally in th ou "Etudiants".
>
> so I modify my guacamole.properties file like that:
>
> # LDAP Properties
> ldap-hostname: pin.isim.intra
> ldap-port: 389
> ldap-user-base-dn: OU=Etudiants,OU=Comptes,DC=isim,DC=intra
> ldap-search-bind-dn: CN=Bind,OU=Comptes,DC=isim,DC=intra
> ldap-search-bind-password: xxxxx
> ldap-username-attribute: sAMAccountName
> ldap-max-search-results: 10000
> ldap-follow-referrals: true
> ldap-max-referral-hops: 5
>
> but it doesn't work.
>

> --
I run Guacamole with docker-compose, where the configuration is slightly
different but maybe you could find out where your error is by looking at
my settings (yours adapted):

       LDAP_HOSTNAME: pin.isim.intra
       LDAP_PORT: 389
       LDAP_USER_BASE_DN: OU=Etudiants,OU=Comptes,DC=isim,DC=intra
       LDAP_USERNAME_ATTRIBUTE: CN,sAMAccountName
       LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_DN: binduser@pin.isim.intra
       LDAP_SEARCH_BIND_PASSWORD: yourpassword

So it could be, that you have to fix ldap-search-bind-dn and
ldap-username-attribute in your version.

Mine is for Microsoft Active Directory and hopefully you get it running
somehow.

Regards

Peter