guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ldap question
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:36:51 GMT
On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 07:23 Angel Elena <craem@craem.net> wrote:

> Hi!!!
>
> I upgrade from 0.9.9 to 0.9.14, but I have the same issue:
>
> /etc/guacamole/guacamole.properties
>
> # Hostname and port of guacamole proxy
> guacd-hostname: localhost
> guacd-port:     4822
>
> # Auth provider class (authenticates user/pass combination, needed if
> using the provided login screen)
> auth-provider:
> net.sourceforge.guacamole.net.basic.BasicFileAuthenticationProvider
> auth-provider:
> net.sourceforge.guacamole.net.auth.ldap.LDAPAuthenticationProvider

The auth-provider property has been deprecated since 0.9.7 and was finally
removed in 0.9.10-incubating:

http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/0.9.10-incubating/#deprecation--compatibility-notes

Using that property will have no effect. You should remove it.

lib-directory: extensions

The lib-directory property has been deprecated since 0.9.7 and was finally
removed in 0.9.10-incubating:

http://guacamole.apache.org/releases/0.9.10-incubating/#deprecation--compatibility-notes

Using that property will have no effect. You should remove it.

basic-user-mapping: GUACAMOLE_HOME/user-mapping.xml

The basic-user-mapping property has been deprecated since
0.9.10-incubating. You should cease using this property. It will stop
having any effect after 1.0.0.

Please see also the definition in the manual of GUACAMOLE_HOME. The warning
you see is not telling you to rename the directory containing the file, nor
to manually specify a name that contains the literal text "GUACAMOLE_HOME".
It is telling you to stop using the property in question, and instead place
user-mapping.xml within GUACAMOLE_HOME as defined here:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#guacamole-home

If unsure where this is, your logs will further clarify things:

16:20:47.314 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO
o.a.g.environment.LocalEnvironment - GUACAMOLE_HOME is
"/var/lib/tomcat8/.guacamole"

The location differs from /etc/guacamole in your case because you have
overridden the default:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#overriding-guacamole-home

- Mike