guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling of simultaneous key-down and mouse-button events
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2018 22:55:44 GMT
On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 1:47 PM Felix Wolfheimer <f.wolfheimer@online.de>
wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> thanks for confirming that this is a kind of known behavior. Is there a
> way to tweak the auto-repeat timer in Guacamole? I suppose that setting
> it to a high value might give the behavior I'd need for the application
> although this might lead to unexpected behavior (?) for other
> applications.

Yes. You'd be better off looking into developing some sort of autorepeat
debouncing heuristic within Guacamole.Keyboard and contributing that, as it
is something which would make sense to have even though the general case
should probably assume client-side autorepeat. The main issue is making
things work identically across the board (all browsers/platforms) and
avoiding breaking the expectations of applications and remote desktop
servers.

I wouldn't recommend just setting the timer interval to a high value.
Besides not working across all platforms, it's a nasty hack. ;)

- Mike