guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Want to use guacamole to run only one application (under linux)
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 01:36:15 GMT
On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 1:56 AM Reinert Korsnes <reinert.korsnes@online.no>
wrote:

> Any good idea to try "initial_program" ?
>
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html
>
> Just working on it...

I believe the initial-program parameter is for RDP connections, only, so if
you try using it with VNC on Linux it isn't going to work.  I also have
never tried to use that parameter with XRDP on Linux, so I don't know if
the current XRDP implementations honor/implement it and will actually start
a program.

It should be easy enough to get either VNC by itself or XRDP+VNC to start a
single program, though.  With VNC, as suggested before, you can create a
xstartup script for the VNC session that will start the requested
programs.  For XRDP, I believe there are some examples in the configuration
file, specifically the sesman.ini file, of pointing to a custom startup
script.

-Nick