guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VNC connection problem
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:34:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM VolandSZ <sergey.zinovkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi friends! First of all i must say that i am quite a new user to guacamole
> and linux ecosystem in general. So please dont judge me very strict

We're here to help you, not judge you, so don't hesitate to ask any
questions you have!

> Now to the topic, i`ve installed Debian 9 stretch and Guacamole 0.9.14 and
> set up several VNC connetions in the same network as Guacamole server is
> (192.168 etc.) And everything worked fine. But when i wanted to establish
> VNC connection to ip located outside local network 213.XXX.XXX.XXX i get
> error message and in Catalina.out i see this error:
> *Element terminator of instruction was not ';' nor ','*

It sounds to me like you're configuring the connection such that the
Guacamole Client is trying to connect to the VNC server as if it were a
Guacamole Server and not a VNC server.  So, instead of Guacamole Client ->
guacd -> VNC, it's trying to do Guacamole Cient -> VNC.  Can you describe
how you're configuring the connection?  Are you using basic file
authentication, JDBC, LDAP, etc.?  Can you post the configuration - either
the file configuration or a basic screen shot of the JDBC configuration?

-Nick